Message from Your ACHE Regent
Hello Southeast Texas Colleagues,
Wow, I cannot believe summer is upon us and half of the year is just almost over. I hope all of you get to take some time off and enjoy some time with your friends and family.
Special thanks to John J. (Jack) Buckley Jr., FACHE for his leadership of our chapter. I really appreciate all of the work he has done in bringing two great speakers to our first two quarterly educational sessions. For the first quarter, Dr. Toby Hamilton spoke about “Innovation as a Moral Imperative,” providing details of why it’s crucial for us to be innovative in our careers and organizations. Our next scheduled quarterly session (May 9), will feature speakers Dr. Carole Montgomery, MD and Pat Tadel, RN presenting the topic, “A System for Person-Centered Decision Making that Transform Healthcare.”
If you missed or are unable to make our future events you can go to ACHE-SETC’s website (www.ache-setc.org) and download the presentations. Hopefully, schedules will allow you to attend the next two quarterly sessions. Details of speakers and topics will be released soon.
Don’t forget the ACHE Board of Governors Exam Review Course will be held 7 a.m. to 12 p.m., Saturday, May 18 at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Campus. If you have met the qualifications to apply for the FACHE credential I recommend that you click this link: REGISTER TODAY! to register for the Review Course.
Thanks to all of you who participated in our community outreach event at the Houston Food Bank. Your time and efforts benefited our community.
Thank you for your continued support of our chapter and all that you do to make SETC one of the largest and strongest chapters in all of ACHE.
We have some exciting events scheduled for the remainder of 2019. I hope you will consider joining your colleagues for the following:
- June 10-12: Summer Diversity Workshop – ACHE F2F CEUs offered – Institute of Biosciences and Technology, 2121 W. Holcombe Blvd., Houston 77030
- August 29: 3rd Quarter Educational Session featuring Dr. Tim Garson, Jr., MD
- September 14: Community Outreach: Houston Food Bank – 535 Portwall Street, Houston, 77029
- October 29-30: SETC Annual Healthcare Leadership Conference – Intercontinental Houston – Medical Center, 6750 Main Street, Houston, 77030
- November 7: 4th Quarter Educational Session (Guest Speaker to be confirmed)
All the best,
Todd Caliva, FACHE
Regent – Texas – Southeast
CEO, HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake