Dear ACHE-SETC Affiliates,
ACHE national recognizes the importance of providing resources for the healthcare student and the early careerist. ACHE has developed a myriad of leadership development programs, self-assessment tools, resume tools, job search essentials, networking resources and mentorship programs to accommodate healthcare leaders across the entire spectrum.
I am excited to welcome Ashley McClellan as the Chair of the ACHE-SETC Mentorship Committee. Ashley serves as the Chief Executive Officer at The Woman’s Hospital of Texas. Previously, Ashley served as the CEO of Medical Center of Lewisville in HCA’s North Texas Division. She joined HCA in 2006 as an Associate COO in HCA’s COO Development Program. Ashley is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives and I know she will serve our chapter well in this new role.
ACHE-SouthEastTexasChapter always welcomes participants in its mentorship program. The purpose of the mentorship program is twofold: to assist students and early healthcare careerists in their growth and development; to give mentors, a satisfying and enriching relationship in which to share their wisdom, insights, and experiences.
Criteria for mentor participation:
- Membership in ACHE and a current member of the SouthEastTexasChapter with
- A position as Vice-President, Sr. Executive, or Director in his/her organization OR
- Minimum of five years of Healthcare Management experience with ACHE Fellow status.
- Willingness to help develop students or early healthcare careerists.
Criteria for mentee participation:
- Student Associate membership status /current member of the SouthEastTexasChapter.
- Less than five years of healthcare management experience.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
Participants have the option of selecting the duration of their mentoring relationship:
|Mentorship Timeframe||Meeting Suggestions|
|4 Months||2 meetings per month (recommended)|
|6 months||1 or 2 meetings per month (as needed)|
|12 Months||1 meeting per month|
If interested, please complete the Mentor-Mentee Questionnaire Form and send to Ashley.Mcclellan@hcahealthcare.com. Representatives from the Mentorship Committee will follow up with you to match you with your mentor or mentee.
Also below are Mentor and Mentee manuals, resources for use during the mentorship.
Jeanna Barnard, FACHE